28 Aug Australia – Student Visa
What is the Subclass 500 Visa?
Whether you want to enrol in a long-term degree course or a short-term diploma, it is essential for international students to have an Australian student visa. Out of all the types of Visas, candidates have to apply for Subclass 500 in order to pursue higher education. Listed below are the types of study that are included in the visa:
- Vocational Education and Training
- Higher Education
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Postgraduate Research
- Independent English Language Intensive Courses for overseas students
- Non-awards Courses
Australia Student Visa Requirements
If you are looking forward to applying for an Australian student visa, there are certain general requisites that you need to fulfil. Failing these, you may lose your chance of pursuing higher education in the country. Let us have a look at the Australia Study Visa requirements:
- The candidates must be 6 years of age or above.
- You must be enrolled in a course of study in a recognized institution. You will be required to state evidence for the same.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement.
- You must qualify for the English Proficiency tests like IELTS etc.
- Must be able to fund your education (Financial requirements).
- Health and character requirements.
- Have adequate health insurance.
- The minimum Student Visa Australia age limit is 18 years. Candidates must state the adequacy of welfare if they are under 18 years of age (not required for applicants above 18 years of age).
- Must not hold any other type of visa.
- You must be a temporary entrant and intend to return back after completing the program.
- Must meet the health requirements.
- Criminal record check results.